Monday 15 February 2016

Straw Art Painting

No comments

Watercolor Paintings by Andrea Mae Antonio
Hello Everyone! Have you ever tried blow art using straws and paint? It’s such a fun art technique that every artist loves. I always use this technique especially when i'm painting trees so the branches will look more natural.I've learned this technique when I'm still in grade school.Not to mention, I already have an art blog during that time (www.sketch-in-paint.blogspot.com). I really love to draw so my uncle did it for me. Anyway, let's start the tutorial!

Materials needed:

*Watercolor paper
*Watercolor paint
*Brushes
*Straw
*Masking tape (optional)

 Step 1: (optional) Tape your watercolor paper down to your art board using masking tape if you want to create a border.



Step 2: Choose your color palette for your painting. ( use the color wheel as a guide)



Step 3: Load up your brush and water color of choice with water



Step 4: Now, drop some wet watercolor paint onto your paper and blow the paint around with a straw. (the bigger the drop, the farther the paint will go)



Step 5: Repeat until you are satisfied with the look of your masterpiece. Let it dry completely and you're done!


Here's a short video of me doing the straw art painting...




This is quick, easy, and fun to do! So, what are you waiting for? Get those paints out and let your creativity flow. Would you like to see more tutorials in the future? Let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment